Friday, December 08, 2006

to continue the conversation,

or monologue, rather, since i'm probably talking to myself, here...

  • Today my friend Claire, a Jesuit Volunteer Corps intern I work with, threw out the idea of a road trip after our terms at the Alliance are over...She's thinking of staying in the Triangle, and so would fly to Colorado to get her car and then road trip it back to Raleigh...maybe I could convince her to do a layover in Portland first, while we're over on that half of the country? I've always wanted to go to Portland and Colorado. always being the past two years or so.
  • I think my mouth started watering when she mentioned this. I've always thought trekking through the States would be a-m-a-z-i-n-g. (always being, this time, at least several years)
  • Her term lasts 2 months more than mine = would have to find a two-month source of income that could float me during that interim and hopefully provide disposable income for the Most Awesome (and Only) Cross Country Trip of my Life
  • Then maybe in the fall I would move to Spain for 6 months. or find another interesting internship. how come internships and co-ops are only for students, though? What's up with that? A college degree doesn't mean you're ready to settle...or know how to..
  • I'm pretty sure my parents would not be very eager for any of this to happen. I'm sure my whole family will start thinking, "just how long can Melinda make it without getting a Real Job?"
  • I don't know; shall I find out?! Who's with me?

No comments: