Wednesday, December 20, 2006

perspective

one of my clients just happily said in passing,

"Anytime you wake up in the morning and you can walk, it's a good morning."

in spite of many things, i really am glad i'm working here right now.



in the spirit of said gladness + holiday time i thought of making a list of things i'm glad about but really at the moment i'm more interested in making a resolution list because i'm in the mood for a good laugh so here goes:

Melinda's 2007 Resolutions (author reserves the right to amend)

1. actually take care of my car
2. utilize my gym more than once a month
3. stop being crazy
4. improve my work ethic, at least at work
5. find work?
6. stop freaking out every time someone gets engaged/married
7. find a way to live in Spain without actually leaving the States
8. write articles for publications that actually pay
9. find a way to take dance lessons again
10. really learn to trust in/lean on/listen to the Lord
11. get a loop station and become the next Zoe Keating
12. be a much better friend
13. learn the constellations
14. go to Raven Rock at least once
15. own and appreciate the fact that i'm an emotional person
16. visit my aunt in New York for Thanksgiving
17. play outside a whole lot more
18. learn my cello craft more thoroughly
19. build and learn to play the hammer dulcimer
20. visit Portland
21. stop pretending I don't care about having "someone special"
22. save $
23. finally decide on a tattoo design
24. learn how to be truly honest
25. finish a song i'm proud of
26. volunteer more
27. quit doing brainless things like absent-mindedly poking my thumb into a blade to prove it's dull
28. paint
29. live somewhere that is not in the middle of nowhere
30. stop thinking of myself as a child instead of a woman
31. get "Christmas Shoes" banned from the radio
32. acquire the art of tact
33. go on a road trip to somewhere that is not the beach
34. write more letters
35. visit the mountains
36. finally fix up my bike and see about changing "that one great bike ride memory from 10 years ago" to something a bit more current
37. steadily decrease my need for chocolate, cereal, facebook and desserts and computers in general
38. stop buying more home decor than actually fits in my space
39. figure out what my book's about
40. trip it to DC to see my lovely :)
41. learn how to get the most out of my camera
42. somehow finally stage that late afternoon field+cello photo shoot i've seen in my brain for 2 years


yeah, ima do all of it

3 comments:

tom said...

si quieres, puedo aduyarte con 7, 13, 25, 28, y 31 :)

Jeff said...

sounds like good stuff!

If I were to summarize, it'd be
-stop beating myself up for being who I am
-do some things now instead of waiting till later

That's good stuff! I also want to visit the pacific northwest in 07. I think Jeremy and I are going to go before the end of the year.

If you need help with banning Christmas shoes, let me know.

Anonymous said...

-Road trip to DC...come see me!
-You still haven't gone to Raven Rock.
-Let's do Ridiculous NYC trip part 2!!!

LOVE YOU!