Wednesday, December 06, 2006

morning thoughts

some random excerpts :)

  • Ironically my "devotional reading," as they say, was about being consistently in the Word, basically...A piece of what i read in Daily Light (which might sound cheesy, but has actually been quite amazing to me) was Isaiah 26:8-9, and that's just it, "we wait for you; your name and renown are the desire of our hearts. My soul yearns for you in the night; in the morning my spirit longs for you." 'Tis true...But also, as a note said, "only through God's power can we fight the resistance of our flesh to Him"...dang it, dang it. The word "devotions" is at once misleading and humbling, since I am devoted only in principle and not in practice. I stupidly seem to not avail myself of that power often enough. Probably why one of my favorite hymns is

I need Thee every hour, most gracious Lord
No tender voice like Thine can peace afford
I need Thee every hour, stay Thou nearby
Temptations lose their pow'r when Thou art nigh
I need Thee every hour, in joy or pain
Come quickly and abide, or life is vain.

  • I saw a Scholastic Book Fair truck on my way to work = nostalgia = feeling "old." Then remembering last night's convo w/ the RM (roommate or rebecca michelle, take your pick, i just now realized that, hah) of how weird it is that "all" our friends are married (not really, technically) and how we feel like goofy little kids...=feeling old and juvenile. Because that makes a lot of sense.
  • Btw, amen, rm, for the latest post! I love that we have the same life themes :)

And lastly and completely randomly because that's my style, I hope this baby makes your...[well, maybe not day, but] hour, as much as it did mine! (And if it makes your day, then so much the better)

No comments: