Thursday, December 21, 2006

hey lookit :)

relevantmagazine.com just posted another article of mine; you should read it :) (not just because i wrote it but because it's important!)

A couple things surprised me...they took over a month to publish the other article I did, and they put this one up barely 24 hours after I had submitted it...a surprise that made me really hyper last night, haha

The other thing was how much they edited it, at least compared to my last one (the last one being too poetic in form to be edit-able, I suppose). But I always wondered what they meant when they said ''all articles will be edited for...tone." And now I wonder no longer, because they definitely changed the tone of mine. Not surprisingly, I guess, because the way I wrote it was a little more fiesty and heated, you might say, and they made it more reader-friendly. It's kind of weird because when I was reading it on the site, it felt like they took some of my voice out and put in bits of someone else's, plus one change they made did kind of annoy me, but I guess you can't be too picky. I'm just glad they let me put it out there.

plus, it makes me want to do this more :)...who knows, maybe if i get good, i'll actually make some money 10 or 15 years down the road :P

1 comment:

Jeff said...

congratulations! That's awesome