Friday, October 13, 2006

OHHH my goodness oh my goodness,

I was talking to a coworker about living abroad to bolster language skills and she told me I should look into being an au pair in Spain.....I am wondering why I never thought of doing that before...because I just did some research and it sounds like the most AMAZING opportunity everrrr and now i am slightly freaking out here

free room and board, job taken care of, living in Spain, immersed in the language, weekend travel opportunities galore, um.......................i don't know what to do

this would be the answer for so much of what i've been thinking about.

but that means, come May, another decision has to be made. my now-boss is already dropping hints about permanent hiring opportunities, my old internship boss still wants me back full time, and oh man

i'm trippin

4 comments:

tom said...

que significa "au pair"? sounds pretty cool so far...

Mip said...

well i think it is radically cool, yes, but one might not if one were not fond of kids b/c aupair = glorified nanny...the main differences are that you live with the family full-time and basically become a part of the family for 6 mo. - a year. and the hiring family is usually a wealthy Euro one.

but someone wants to pay me to live in Europe? i got nooooo problem w/ that

tom said...

uhh, is this open to guys as well? :)

Mip said...

heh, tradicionalmente es menos común, por supuesto, pero leí que sí, muchachos están haciéndolo más y más estos días :)