Thursday, October 26, 2006

It's a sexy time now, apparently

This summer while I lived at home, I got into the habit of reading the paper every day. I am considering reviving said habit via a paper plopping on my own doorstep, but in the meantime I get the N&O daily email.

An article today about the burgeoning need for lawyers to smooth out immigration problems included this commentary: '"It's a sexy time now," said John L. Pinnix, a long-time Raleigh immigration attorney. "You pick up the paper and there is an immigration story every day."

I personally don't see what's sexy about anything political, immigration included, but if you feel the need to appear edgy and unconventional with your diction, John L. Pinnix, you go right ahead, I guess.


On another note, I have been miserably unproductive at work of late. Not a sexy time at all (thanks for my enlightened vocabulary, Mr. Pinnix). I think it's because I'm getting bored. They need to hurry up and give me all that Spanish work they promised me.

1 comment:

tom said...

three things. first, i like your blog, so i linked it on mine, so know you have another reader :). second, a large part of why i was hired at starbucks was because they wanted someone with spanish skills to communicate with the milk delivery guys. i actually seen them exactly once. but i have talked to customers in spanish, which is fun. third, you play(ed) cello with dave calvert, right? are you still doing that...or maybe looking for someone to play with? also, i would apologize for "such a long comment", as some would say, but seriously, it's the internet. there's plenty of space.