Sunday, October 29, 2006

The mundane and the magnificent

  • I just realized I desperately need to go grocery shopping as all I have is cereal and Michaelina's 99-cent frozen dinners. Why is it so hard to hold onto real food?
  • I hate that all I ever want to do when I get home is relax, because i need to CLEAN and i need to work on my parents' anniversary present and i have GOT to exercise and i want to play outside....
  • It is an absolutely gorgeous day outside (yet another day perfect for Raven Rock...i.e., next perfect-weather day, PLEASE somebody find me and go with me!). I had to park in the dirt lot next to the church building because I was 15 minutes late, and I sat in my car after church for about 5 minutes just staring at the sky and the field and the wood beyond the lot and got goosebumps...it's a wonderful way to reconnect with the Father, ps, when you're sitting in the midst of that beautiful creation.
  • I have a new appreciation for State Troopers, and for how God can use yes, even state troopers, for good...as in when one pulled me over last night because I was falling asleep at the wheel and not realizing I was speeding 15 over and drifting into the oncoming lane....and he didn't give me a ticket. Oh, and did I mention I didn't have my license? I couldn't find my license (??), I was speeding and I had gone into the opposite lane, it's the end of the month, and that man still didn't ticket me...I have NO idea why, especially since I flat out broke 3 traffic laws in 5 minutes, but for some reason he was so kind (i'm serious, kind) and told me that since I was so tired, would I please drive slower? The speed limit is 35. I could hardly even speak, I couldn't believe it. He said he had been behind me for about half a mile before I pulled over -- that's how ridiculously sleepy and stupid I was, and how ridiculously not-pissed he was...I don't understand. In my delirium last night I seriously kept thinking, "are you an angel????"

The rest of the way home I was pretty much in shock and constantly thinking of how glad I was that I got pulled...it was all I could do last night to not think of what could have happened to me or, God forbid, Michelle, while we were in that car, if I had continued to "drive" uninterrupted. Kept thinking of my accident from 4 years ago that changed my life and was so relieved I didn't have another such life-changing experience...and when we got home, Robert came in while I was washing my face because I was all blubbery, and after we told him what happened he goes, "that's funny, because after I got off the phone with michelle I prayed you guys would get home safely"...thanks, I cried more....no but really, thanks :) Thank God. What a sobering night.

No comments: