Saturday, October 07, 2006

i wonder what would happen

if i just told the world EVERYthing I really thought and felt instead of keeping it a secret only me and my best friends know (or just me). What if we ALL did that? It could be pretty terrifying, and I'll wager that a lot of people would fight more but people might believe in Christ more and no I did not mean to pseudorhyme there, and some friendships would be finished but others would be stronger, and I would probably be more scared and pained but a lot more aware of people's daily sense of loss when they don't have Christ, and I would probably feel more passion and less fakeness. How's THAT for a run-on.

I've started writing in a real, non-blogspot journal (gasp), which, ironically, I've never really had the need to do before. I've had a poem-book, so to speak, but these days I have so many thoughts, personal ones, that I have to write down everything so I don't forget it. This is the first time I've started straight-up journaling for real out of need, rather than because I just like to write. (I.e., written equivalent of people who like to hear themselves talk.) My poems were always my personal catharsis, but now not even that's enough.

I miss writing poetry, though...I just wrote a poem, because I was typing an away message and accidentally ended up typing a poem instead. That happens a lot...probably b/c I'm a sap. Or maybe I just like to shove my complaints out in public without realllly saying anything. I'm going to go with the latter.

This was another fairly non-sensical post, brought to you by a heavy lack of sleep due to yesterday's late-night salsa dancing. To quote Alli Ack, ay mami.

1 comment:

tom said...

hey, thanks for the kind words about my poems. i think most of the people who read my blog aren't really interested in that sort of thing and i feel like i'm inflicting it on them, until someone like you says "i like that". so thanks :) and maybe you could post some of your stuff? ciao