Sunday, February 19, 2006

why I want to go home, Part II

...Because then all measures of separation would pass away between me and the God who never fails to meet me where I am in my time of need, the Lord who would show me something like:


Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? (Job 14:4) Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin my mother conceived me. (Ps. 51:5)

Dead in trespasses and sins,...by nature the children of wrath, just as the others. (Eph. 2:1, 3) I am carnal, sold under sin. What I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. For I know that in me (this is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells. (Rom. 7:14-15, 18)

Through one man sin entered the world, ...by one man's disobedience many were made sinners. (Rom. 5:12, 19) If by one man's offense many died, much more the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abounded to many. (Rom. 5:15)

The law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. (Rom. 8:2)

Thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Cor. 15:57)


That was what I read in my devotions right after writing the previous post. By the time I read this, my thoughts had progressed somewhat beyond the specific lamentations of that post, and into the general mourning (yes, mourning) of my shortcomings that can (and do) get me down so often. So you can see the timeliness of those passages.



Love never fails, God is love...hello. Why I still always find myself surprised by the way He moves, I have no idea, but...the active and seen presence of the Lord in one's life is an amazing thing to experience.

I will falter again, and again; I know this because I know myself. I will fight against self-loathing, and I will struggle in accepting the grace which renders that fight entirely irrelevant and unnecessary. I will doubt my righteousness, I will distrust my intentions, and I will be suspicious of my motives. My heart will cry out against its unworthiness and my soul will grieve its human ties. But thanks be to God, who gives me the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ--not only eternally, but daily. Hourly.

No comments: