Monday, February 06, 2006

[long time coming]

Inside
deep inside, I want to be that girl I see,
that girl I read whose faith burns out brightly through her eyes
Her joy spills rich, unabashed, from her lips,
her pen, her hand, her hug
Her words, a balm, encourage always
Prayers of hope, of strength, are what her presence brings
Her very air, full-soaked in grace
"Written on her face," a phrase coined for such as these
She laughs, in love, smile gleaming with what I want
She seems to see the role of cynic a worthless cause

Dear girl, whom I've seen with snobbish disbelief,
I may have wondered at your fervor
but still have only dismissed you as naive
Then I recall, the fools are used to teach the wise...

Yes, but you are no fool, now, are you

I'm still the one who wants her air to shine
I still want this faith to burn bright in these eyes

No comments: