Sunday, February 26, 2006

there's just so much...

I've feel like I've got so many things going on in my head that I can hardly begin to process them all...because the thought of my impending life changes is rushing at me so fast I can hardly catch my breath..

The internal sense I've got right now is as if I'm in a car that's supposed to be breaking for a stopsign, but the breaking hasn't started yet--and so in relation to the sign, I feel like I'm moving at lightening speed, absolutely hurtling towards it (even though I haven't actually speed up). And...that's a poor analogy that probably doesn't make sense to anyone but myself, but oh well. Sometimes my logic is my own, I suppose..

I'm tired of hearing all these post-graduate horror stories. I mean, of course I know I'm going to "make it" (i.e. not have a nervous breakdown and need to be committed as a result of financial and relational destitution) but I really would rather do more than "make it." It would be pretty wonderful if I didn't hate my life for the next year or two.

I'm just saying, I've always heard that college is four of the best years of your life. Came true. I've also heard that the year after college is one of the worst. Just can't believe that yet.

Besides, God seems to be sending me some...well, odd messages these days. And I'm not quite sure what to make of them...

No comments: