Saturday, February 18, 2006

why i really want to go home

What does that mean, "satisfied in Christ?" How do you put down your fallen nature enough so that you don't look for anything anywhere else other than in Him?

We're told so much that we should just always "look to God...He's the only thing that can really satisfy us, truly make us happy"....and on, and on. Seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Heard it many times.

And it's not that I don't believe that this is true. I just wonder how possible it is to actually achieve. Of course, I honestly don't think that would be "achievable," exactly, but every day I feel in my soul how I could be so much nearer..

I want so desperately to find myself "fulfilled in Christ," to find ultimate joy solely in Him--"In Christ Alone"...to be entirely and purely sated by Him only (as it's impossible to truly experience this from anything less). But the heartbreaking problem is that my damned humanity will never get out of the way.

I get so tired of having to fight against myself.



And that is why.

No comments: