Thursday, January 04, 2007

annnnd here we go again

For the past three or four years, every few months or so I go through a lovely "restless stage" when I think I'm going to go crazy if something in my life doesn't change. Apparently I'm due for it again. Maybe this time it's because it's the first week of the year, maybe it's because the flu affects your brain cells in anomalous ways, maybe it's because I listen to too much Patty Griffin...maybe it's because of some other things. But it's back with a vengeance and goodness I've been in a weird mood.

It could also be the fact that January is the month I had declared to myself that I would start thinking about what I'm going to do when my "job" is over. Actually, the restless bug almost always brings with it phrases like "life" and "what am I going to do with it," which is why this article made me feel better. Although I felt a little less better upon thinking that such an approach is probably a cop-out....especially for us girls, for whom it's a little less acceptable to be young-adult-vagabonds, I think. And by that I mean [and this could just be me] that guys my age can hop from fake job to internship to road trip to fake job and they are excused as "finding themselves," but people are secretly worried about the potential patheticism of any girl who may do that, because let's face it, if she doesn't get married soon, she ought to be on the road to career-woman success, right?

Well, considering 1) I'm definitely not on a track for the one, 2) I don't really care to be on a track for the other (at least not right now), and 3) my roommate informed me today she thinks that our plan to find a sugardaddy to support the two of us just isn't going to work, I'm feeling kind of SOL. At least for tonight.

No comments: