Wednesday, January 11, 2006

OH MY GOSH I LOVE THIS JOB

To bad it's not a real, paying job that I can keep once I've graduated. Unless I can convince them otherwise... ;)

So far I've been doing a lot of translating documents for the PR dept. But apparently...TWR is in dire need of a better way to get information from the latin offices regarding program results, evaluations, needs, etc. (because the Spanish dpt. staff doesn't have the time to adequately gather this info)...and so, that's what I'll be doing in the future, at some point. Yes, I'm pretty much terrified of the conference calls I'll be having with native Spanish speakers, but hopefully they'll let me work up to that point. :)

I joined the Spanish department meeting today, which they decided to start holding all in Spanish. I haven't been around conversation like that in 6 months, so I felt like a dummy but it was good for me :)

The people I've met so far are wonderful. I went to lunch with the magazine/web editor (who happens to be a former Campbell PR intern) and her husband the IT guy...muy divertido. And my boss is great--funny, and somebody someone my age can actually relate to easily--he was asking me about OLF and if I've ever been to the bluegrass barn, haha. And it's such a small world...I swear everyone I've met is somehow connected to Campbell, Grace, or Fuquay-Varina.


God is good. This is unreal.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I am SO excited for & happy that you love you internship!!!

Heather said...

your* (dangit)