Saturday, January 14, 2006

i LOVE

the rain! Not so much when I have to go somewhere and would rather stay looking presentable rather than like a wet rag doll, but when my time is mine, there's nothing like a good thunderstorm.

Another thing I love, and of which last night reminded me: DANCE. Not anything of the "dancing" that went on at "Overtime" last night--I mean, real dancing, the kind that has steps you have to be taught. And I'm not talking ballet here, as fun and as good for you as that is--because no matter how hard I worked at that, there was no way I could actually be legitimately good at it. No, I'm talking SALSA. And merengue, cumbia, tango--I'd love to learn to tango--but salsa is just about the most phsyically fun thing I have ever done, aside from skiing.

An Alaskan friend of mine (we took lessons together in Costa Rica) recently asked me if I'd found a place to dance around here, and OH that I could....Not that I've really tried, but that's because I'm a timid dork. I can't bring myself to just show up at some strange salsa salon alone, and alas, I know zero guys who could lead that I could drag with me. (So if anyone knows a guy who likes a good salsa and I don't mean the food, hook a girl up, yo.)

I watched a documentary about ballroom dancing with my mom over break and I swear I was seat-dancing and shrieking with envy the whole time....i MISS THIS STUFF. One of the best nights I've ever had: going with a group of Ticos to El Tobogán, one of the biggest dance salons in Costa Rica.........ohhhh, to do that again....

Now that you all probably think I'm a nutso giddy dance snob, I just have to say: you don't understand--if you at all like to shake ya bum, you have GOT to try this!!!!!! (And bring me with you!)

No comments: