Friday, November 18, 2005

outlet parte dos :)

Restless is a welcome state,
if wisdom reigns
and movement's truly prized above complacency
It can wake you from a worthless slumber of complacency

Restless is a friend, a foe
I know it grows me,
though contradiction hides itself inside:
Would I skirt it if I found I could?
No doubt I'd try, in spite of what I've learned

Restless is a dull old tune
Annoying, nagging,
waiting, always waiting,
for that something new which only sometimes comes

Restless is a question mark
Sparking rich anticipation into our bones
as we grope about for light in inky dark
Who knows what light some new day dawning surely brings?

Restless is a common place
Unbiased, bonding every soul with common fate of wandering
(Go ahead, just have a thought, a single care,
and it is sure to find you there among your thorns and petals--
Dare not hope for an escape)

Restless is an angry word,
fighting for its suicide
Yet knowing life denies this,
every
single
time

No comments: