Thursday, September 15, 2005

Nobody likes static...or do they?

The Bebo Norman song, "Where the Trees Stand Still," just came up on my iTunes rotation. I've always loved that song for it's musical simplicity and earnestness, though there continued to be something about it that didn't sit quite right with me. I couldn't figure it out, really, because it sure sounded all well and good.

But I just realized, though Bebo may sing, "now I just want to live where the trees stand still..."

...I don't.

Maybe it was written from the perspective of someone who's seen a lot more of life than I have. But a static, comfy-cozy-white-picket-fence life does not pull at my soul in the slightest..

Ironic, considering I'm rather scared to be on my own soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

8 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!