Sunday, September 11, 2005

"If you could see it, then you'd understand.."

From the first lines of the opener til the last words of the finale, I was...enthralled.

Can words describe the outstanding artistic achievement that was last night's Coldplay concert? Perhaps, but I don' t think I'm going to try, because if you weren't there, it'd be hard to communicate, and if you were, then...you know. And if you think anything in this post is an exaggeration...well, I consider that your problem, not mine. :)

Except to say that last night I attended the very best concert/show/musical performance I have ever experienced--thank you, Chris Martin and Coldplay. (*Have to give props to the lighting/video techs too...talk about a show unto it self.) [Or, you could be Katie Beck and say, "this was the best thing that has happened to me in my 20 years of existence...well, besides getting saved. But this was second." ;) ]

Riding back home, drifting in and out sleep in the backseat and with Mae serenading me from the front, was just about the best way to end that night...Falling into my bed at 1:00 this morning, with the images and sounds sifting through my mind, I really felt like I had been dreaming..

Spectacular artistry. That's all I can say.

1 comment:

Kate said...

words can't express. amazing. and i'm so glad you were there with us...dancing and singing at the top of our lungs!!!!!!! :-)

...we will have to do it again...