Sunday, August 28, 2005

I'm accidentally writing a song,

for the first time in over a year and a half. Thank you, KT, for triggering my giving voice to something that's been in the back of my mind for a time.

I've written a lot of words down since I started to bother with writing poetry (which is really only since I came to college), but it's rare--well, practically a non-existant occurance--for me to be able to hear a sound fit to accompany them, much less have a melody spring up alongside them at exactly the same time. So, no real songs started for a year and a half, not to mention the fact that I've never even finished one, ever...I hope I don't get sick of this one before I finish it, which has been a problem..

I really, really wish I had more time/opportunity to enjoy, make and be a part of music.


* * *

On sort of another note..

As I was writing in my notebook today, I looked back on some old poems in there, and couldn't help but laugh that I can't even remember what inspired some of them--not specifically, anyway. Of course, there are some lines which surpass the immediate situations in which they were written, because those situations were indelibly printed on my mind and on my heart. But it's strange to think that for some other poems, which seemingly were born out of extreme...whatever (can't think of what to call it), I can't even remember precisely why I wrote them.

Makes me wonder how, a few years down the road, I will view everything that happens now...although I do think it's easy to recognize the big things, the main themes, that are going to stick with you for the rest of your life..

No comments: