Tuesday, August 23, 2005

If your glass heart should crack,

and for a second you turn back,
oh no, be strong...

...and i know it aches,
and your heart, it breaks,
and you can only take so much
walk on, walk on


* * *


let the past be past. build a bridge and get over it....and then burn it. move on.

Are these really ever safe to say to people? Our past should inform us, and of course we cannot escape the influence of it...it just shouldn't hold us captive. But who is right? The person whose experiences, and all the resulting reflections/emotions/actions, can never be purely communicated (and therefore never fully justified/explained) to another human being? Or a person who stands outside of the frame rather than inside, viewing all from a unique vantage point which potentially offers something that needs to be shared?

Every time I think I know what I think, somebody says something and unwittingly proves me wrong.

I'm confused.

No comments: