Tuesday, October 21, 2008

pretty fascinating!

Well...it is if your name is Melinda Irene Pearce, anyway.

I love reading old stuff I've written, especially poems. It's so interesting to me, that I could write something five years ago that I could have written yesterday, and at the same time have written something a year ago that I don't even recognize/seems like it was written by another person.

I think it's funny that probably at least 50% of the time, I can't even remember what prompted my writing any given poem. Just goes to show, I guess, that a lot of things aren't nearly as big a deal as you think they are, in the moment.

I kind of like that. :)

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Irene...I like that name. Didn't know it belonged to you!

Mip said...

haha, thanks..i like it now but i used to hate it when i was younger b/c this bully named Susan made fun of me for it all the time.

ah, dumb kids :)