Saturday, October 18, 2008

holy weekend, batman!

What a blur of a fin de semana...

Robyn and I brilliantly decided to drive to Charlotte (aka not Charlotte, but Cornelius) to see Derek Webb And Friends on Friday night. 1 massive traffic jam and several erroneous turns later, we at least made it in time to see And Friends. Well, okay, we made it for one DW piece, and then they kind of mishmashed around together...and it was actually quite good! ArtMusicJustice...it was rejuvinating, in a way.

Post-show and several more erroneous turns later, we finally wound up at Michelle's apartment (which should have been only 4-5 minutes down the road...sadly, it was not, thanks to me. Thank you Robyn for repeatedly saving me from my apparently-still-challenged sense of direction). And thank you Jinglchelle for putting us up, and for thinking about making us cookies, that really was sweet of you! :) haha

FF to 6am this morning...we drive to Durham, where I kindly ditch Robyn at Whole Foods and proceed to take my FINAL CLASS for my Duke certification for nonprofit management! Hurrah!!

Ironically, the class, which was Public Speaking, taught me some vital points that helped to calm my nerves for tonight. And by "tonight," I mean finally achieving one of my longstanding goals and singing while accompanying myself on guitar! (Well, "accompanying." good enough for me.) Hurrah x2!

And by "helped to calm my nerves," I mean allowed me to not just simply get onstage at all, but to enjoy it, too. Who knew? Although, I definitely had to laugh when Katie P asked me how many times I had to pee before I was on...yep, that would be four times. Can you imagine what would have happened if the nerves had been full force? eh. let's not. :)

And tomorrow...yet another challenge...I'm supposed to start Muay Thai again, or so urges my physical therapist. We'll see if it happens tomorrow; I'm thinking a long nap might also be very welcome. Though I'll hopefully get back on the horse soon. I don't believe I've ever had to do that for anything. I remain conflicted. But I'm at least going to try.

Overall...a whirlwind but grand weekend :)

No comments: