Tuesday, November 14, 2006

"Somethin' brought you to my mind today..."

Now this post is dedicated to my roommate and best friend Rebecca Michelle "Wolfdawg Dillweed" Efird.

Yesterday as I was working with some of our volunteers, we were answering some questions that had a kind of T-day flavor, and mine was something to the effect of "what's something you tend to take for granted, beyond the typical 'food and shelter' answers?"

And Mich was definitely my answer. Not only am I blessed that I have a roommate who is not crazy (in a bad way :P) or annoying or irresponsible or unfriendly, but I am so blessed that she IS my encourager and sounding board and my soul sister, and so many things in between. I love that when I talk to her, I feel like I'm talking to myself b/c she understands me so well -- probably because we basically have the same brain. I love that we have different personalities and different experiences and we still blend so well. I love that she keeps me from being a social recluse. ;) I love that I trust her, and I love that we pray together and read la Biblia together...I love HER. :)

This post of appreciation was brought on by a week of me being out-of-town, our longest separation since becoming roommates (yes I'm going through withdrawal). I realized yesterday that I am completely affirmed in my decision to move "far away" from work just to be able to room w/ my Chelle, since in this week of estrés and "hardship" (which i say thus quoted b/c i know that honestly, i have it pretty good and i should know better...i mean, i wrote the article...but i'm still human), I've barely been able to make it, and that's only one week. Never coulda done these 10 months alone.


"And you'll never know what it means to me..."

"...just to know you've been on your knees for me..."

"Oh, you have blessed my life...more than you'll ever know."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a nice post. pues, mi e-mail no funciona ahora, but you asked me sobre jueves...los otros quien vengan para mirar el oficina vengan cerca de la ocho. asi, si quieres practicar un poco antes de mirar la programa..es bueno. o si quieres no practicar nada...tambien es bueno. o si puedes pensar de otros posibilidades...ya bueno. posiblimente demos (?..darse?) un concerto..:). que piensas?

jinglchelle said...

first of all, i can't read tom's comment. dang it.

also, just wanted to let you know i'm doing the knee dance on this one. oh yeahhhhhhhhh....