Monday, October 03, 2005

Buenos Dias

So my posts were kinda starting to go on a downer streak...well, that sounds depressing. But lets just say I want to impart a little more cheeriness than I have been. :) So here's for a bunch of randomness...or at least something a little less dramatic..

I would just like to say, I love to read. And I have come to the conclusion that it will be this, not blogger.com, which will be the death of my good grades...I have gotten into the terrible habit of reading myself to sleep every night. Which has led to my getting about 5, maybe 6 hours of sleep a night, and that is just not cutting it. I'm too old for that. (I mean, I'm 21, yo. Ancient.) This is precisely why I literally abstained from pleasure reading for two entire years. Yes, the first two years of my college career I read nothing for fun outside of Christmas and summer breaks.

And then I could hold back no longer, and I have suffered for it (or my time management has), but oh! Though guilty pleasure it may be, it is a truly rich one, and I would be most hard-pressed to give it up again. But anyway, what brought on this commentary is that once again I failed miserably to stay alert, or even awake, in class today. And this bothers me greatly, especially since I know my professors see me (though for some reason, it's rare they choose to call me out). And these days, generally speaking, I actually do want to know whats going on, and want to learn, and understand. Which is hard to do, since that whole retaining-info-while-sleeping thing doesn't work so well for me.

I must find a better way...


On another note, I went to a giant family reunion in Garner this Saturday, and to my surprise, ended up having quite a good time. Only one--count it, one--person asked me if I was married yet. Shocking. Although I was a little miffed that it took a family reunion for me to find out that my own brother has his first girlfriend (no, Justin, you can't rely on your MySpace to communicate with your sister. Dork).

On yet another note, I have been struggling fiercely (in accordance with my superhero moniker, Melinda Fierce, so graciously bestowed upon me by Zach) to not become downhearted with my ever-increasingly-failing voice. This semester has been harder than normal, with these past two weeks in particular. Ever since coming to Buies Creek (quite literally the allergy capital of the country) three years ago, I have developed a strange form of allergy that pretty much attacks my nasal cavity down to my vocal folds---oh, you know, only like the key parts for someone who sings. Anyway, I'm used to having a limited-even-more-than-normal range until about Christmastime, but...eh. It's especially frustrating this fall. Even my comfortable range, I'm struggling to get out anything sometimes and it makes me so sad. :( I really should probably see a doctor again--the last one was ZERO help ("Um, just drink more water!"), and the one before that couldn't find anything wrong with me. But time and money are such mean inhibitors these days.... I guess I just need to learn to accept. And be patient for next semester.


I have high hopes of soon picking up my paycheck so that i can finally get my Costa Rica pics developed...Stay tuned for some beautiful sunsets, amazing waterfalls, and...and..I don't remember what else. Hey, it's only been, what, two months? Yeah...




Hmm. I haven't written a post like that in a very long time.

No comments: