Monday, October 03, 2005

Spanish is much pleasing to me.

I decided that would be pleasing to me to write a post as if I was a native spanish speaker translating literally to english. This will be difficult, I believe, because even that first sentence was hard for to write, and not even am I translating everything completely literally. But I think it will be good practice, because to think in spanish first is not a task easily done, and also it is quite difficult to think in idiomatic phrases of spanish, in time of ones of english. And also, it always gives me laugh to read those freetranslations.com messes that many people use, and I imagine that this maybe will be similar.

I ask myself what I should write about...one thing that comes to the mind is how emotional I am that this thing of my internship is working well. I have a meeting with TransWorldRadio the Wednesday that comes, for to take a tour of the facilities, to sit in a meeting of the department of spanish (that has its U.S. headquarters in Cary--what happiness, no?), and to talk with the chair of the department after. Really, I have absolutely no idea of that which I will be doing. Should be interesting. Probably I should stop dreaming of to obtain a job there after the university and to live between Cary and here and to continue going to my church...but I prefer to be optimistic in this, if not realistic.

What a blessing it was that this internship practically fell from the sky. Really, I owe the majority of the thanks to my mother, who decided to look for opportunities of internship while I was in Costa Rica. Although I still do not know exactly that which I desire to do, how fortunate that this seems to combine the three directions that I have been considering recently, those of public relations, spanish, and ministry. Let us see.

1 comment:

tom said...

i hope that everything should have success well with your internship.