Saturday, October 08, 2005

"Introspection" is my middle name

-Every time I start to believe that I'm decently mature, thoughtful, logical, and improving, I suddenly do something that makes me seem like I might as well be watching TRL and going to the mall (ironically enough, two things I never really did even when I was younger).
-I'm realizing I might not have quite as much self-confidence as I thought I did....weird.
-I still don't truly understand my role as a friend to my friends, as a sister to my brother(s), and as a daughter to my parents. I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to do/who I'm supposed to be for any of these people. I know I'm called to love--but the details of how that is to be manifested are confusing.
-I wonder why it's very easy for me to be optimistic for everyone else, but when it comes to me, it doesn't happen nearly as often.
-I don't know what I want "to do"...except help people.
-It's probably really silly that I've spent a good deal of my young adult life trying to convince other people and myself that I'm not interested in having a relationship of the "significant" kind right now.
-God is incredible with his blessings, even in the face of my undeservedness. (is that a word?)
-I'm so happy with my life with my friends right now, that I'm terrified of moving away (or of them leaving...)
-I want to be so, so much more passionate in my faith...well, I want my faith to be me, if I may be so obscure...I want to know the Father, the Son, and the Spirit so much more intimately.
-I am not one of those people who can't stand the thought of staying in college a day longer, nor am i one of those who can't stand the thought of ever leaving. I am entirely divided--between wanting to graduate and not, between wanting to be independent/an adult and not...
-I just realized the above really doesn't matter, seeing as how it's about to happen regardless :)
-I love the people in my life so much that I just can't say it enough...did i already say that? :P
-I spend a lot of time trying to put my life together/live it in accordance with God, his character, and his will...and that I tend to focus so much on that, that I'm not even focused on God HIMSELF...Does anyone know at all what I mean by that?
-I still have yet to change from the "Him" mentality to the "You" mentality, and this makes me feel terribly...something. I'm not sure what.
-I'm excited about the prospects God has for my life, even if i don't know what they are...
-Liberation is not instantaneous, but rather a process.

2 comments:

Cameron Lawrence said...

A few of these points resonated with me. In regard to being closer to God, I find that it's easy to make it very complex. The more complex we make it, the more intimidated we feel. At the risk of over-simplifying, I love this verse: "He has shown you what is good, to act justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with God." That's it. It's as simple as taking a humble posture before him. The nice thing is that intimacy is built over time, and so is friendship. That should relieve some of the pressure off of our relationship with God.

jinglchelle said...

introspection is MY middle name TOO!

i love you me-linda :)