Wednesday, December 17, 2008

After all, i AM a girl :P :)

I haven't had my wedding planned out since I was age 6. In fact, the only early wedding planning I've ever done (as in, it'll probably be at least several years before it's worth any serious consideration) is mainly in wondering how I could possibly arrange an elopement without making my family furious...

One chicken I have counted before it's hatched, though, is with kid names...I can't help it...I've been coming up with future-baby-names for years (odd, since the idea of having kids freaks me out kinda. I'm working on that..) And it may seem extreme that these are clearly more than mental notes (my memory's definitely not this good), but...see my blog title. I love words; names are words...it makes sense to me, anyway :)

So here's another glimpse into Melinda's psyche, or something. May you be entertained, or at least indulging enough to not make fun of me. :P

Boys

Aidan (but a friend already used this! hah oh well)
Brennan
Cadian
Connor
Hawken - really? I had forgotten this was on the list..not gonna lie, still kinda like it
Julian
Kellan - no, this has been on the list for years and has nothing to do with Twilight


annnd, the Girls list is tons longer (also odd, since I want a boy first)

Adriana or Ariana
Aubrey or Audra or Audrey
Aline - from one of my fav authors, Aline de Romanones
Avonlea - I think it's such a beautiful name, except it'd probably have to be spelled Avanlea or Evonlea because I'd hate for my kid to have Avon for a nickname...almost as bad as Mary Kay
Carmen
Elena
Elise
Ella
Elia or Elianna
Evelyn
Flynn - love this one
Gabrielle or Gabriella
Georgia
Irena - almost like me
Julian - almost like it better for a girl than a boy
Leila
London
Maeve
Margot
Mica
Natania
Natasha
Noel
Renata - i'd probably have to marry a latin or italian boy for that to work though :P
Rose
Sanna - as in short for hosanna...except it's probably no good, given how it sounds too much like a certain jolly elf
Sierra or Sienna
Sonia
Sophie
Tacy

Course, things change. When I was much younger, some of my favorite books were by a woman named Maud Hart Lovelace, and I declared to my mom that one day I wanted a daughter named Maud. Yikes.

3 comments:

Jeff said...

I'll be honest Melinda, I don't really like most of these. I think I'd have to go with a strong traditional name.
I've always been partial to names like Sarah, Thomas, etc.

Mip said...

Well, then it works out that we're never gonna have a kid together, eh? haha yes, I'll admit most of them are a reflection of the hippie in me...though I only actually made up one or two of them. I've never been a huge fan of traditional names, though.

jinglchelle said...

so you're going to be like 40 kids? awesome!