Friday, June 12, 2009

Favorite Things: Passage Consignment


So I live practically within walking distance of this little tienda I pass by every time I go downtown, Passage Consignment Shoppe...finally went in on my lunchbreak today (ok, and yesterday...I needed more more time to look!)

I've shopped thrift stores, and I've shopped second-string deparment stores like TJ Max and Ross....this awesome little store is like the best of both (and then some).

They've got home furnishings like you might find at an antique mall (though my first stop for that would be the Pirate's Chest in Cameron Village)....but the best part about Passage is, in my opinion, their consignment clothing (or their women's clothing, at any rate - didn't look at men's). Their clothing is by and large a lot prettier, cheaper and higher quality than second-string dpt stores, and they have a nicer variety to ruffle through than do most thrift stores I've seen (it's not as cheap as thrift, but that's because the clothes are a lot newer/nicer/in better shape).

It was such a find, in fact, that I declared to the owner (coincidentally, my old Alliance of AIDS Services colleague John Paul Womble, for those of you who know him) that this was my new favorite store! Seriously, if you are a Raleigh woman, and you like pretty clothes for cheap, you're missing out if you don't try this place.

No comments: