Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Favorite Things: Amelia Cafe

If you find yourself in Durham looking for a cool cafe kind of place for lunch, drinks or dessert (and don't mind splurging on "cool cafe prices" - think Panera, or a little bit higher for some items), check out Amelia Cafe (in Brightleaf Square).

I had a meeting in Durham this morning, and another one this afternoon, with about four hours in between...thus, a cafe with wifi was in order. Luckily, I managed to escape the chaos and confusion that I usually experience when trying to find my way around Durham, and found myself at Amelia. It's one of those places where you imagine everything must be tasty - it sure looks like it! Their lunch menu isn't on the website but it's usual cafe fare plus some French crepe dishes...and their desserts look a-mazing. If I'm here long enough, my resolve just might weaken...

I wasn't originally thrilled with having to kill half a day mobile-officing it, but honestly, I've been sitting outside for the past few hours with gorgeous weather, free wifi, charming view (I'm sure there are differing opinions about Brightleaf, but you can't say it's not cute), and my laptop plugged into a lampost (yes)....and it's been the best working afternoon I've spent in a while!

No comments: