Thursday, September 11, 2008

death is weird

Even for "the believer," who believes that death is only the gateway for being fully united with Christ, ...death is still weird. especially when it's unexpected.



As of last week, a college friend and her family are having to weather her father's taking of his life.

A few weeks before that, another friend lost one of her best friends to a lake accident.

Months before that, my pastor's sweet life ended her battle with a brain tumor.

About a year before that, my cousin's life was taken in a car accident.

And I just got a random message from the younger sister of my childhood best friend, who passed away from a severe asthma attack shortly after I moved across the country. Clearly, over a decade later, her sister is still processing the loss of Jennifer (naturally).


(huh.. clearly, over a decade later, I am too.)


I kind of feel like I'm in this exclusive club for people who have known and loved other people who died in unexpected ways, "before their time."


All I can say for now is, it's a weird club! It truly is.

No comments: