Sunday, June 11, 2006

I think,...

that my skepticism towards all things Christian-labeled beyond myself and the people whose hearts I know is, realistically, something I seriously need to get over. I don't know what experiences could have scarred me for me to be so pessimistic, but something must have happened that I don't remember, because it's like I have to fight this urge to distrust everyone. I anticipate trite phrases and fake smiles and hypocrisy. I expect cliches and shallowness. I really hate that.

I visited a new church tonight, and the fact that I didn't leave feeling dumber or dirtier or (unjustifiably) holier and more enlightened compared to what I was around, has to be a good sign. We shall see where this goes.

I still want to shed my pessimism, though (and accept what "is" with the Body and move on). When compounded with my introverted nature, it most certainly is not conducive to the fellowship I am craving.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spoken like a true writer. LOVE YOU!

Jeff said...

Where did you visit??