Sunday, April 09, 2006

“For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us,

“…so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures, we might have hope.” Romans 15:4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I thought I buried you deep
I buried you in my skin
And when the night’s at its darkest
You come back to me again

I thought I’d leave you behind
I turned and I ran away
But in the silence between my steps
Your footsteps follow me

You come back to haunt me
You come back and make me feel alone
You come back to haunt me like the fear I can’t let go

I tried to gather the shards
That you’d left scattered all over me
They’d broken off underneath the surface

You come back to haunt me
You come back and make me feel alone
You come back to haunt me like the fear I can’t let go

But ghosts I see right through
And I can see through you
So all you’ll ever do
Is be a shade I see tomorrow through

You haunt me
You come back to make me feel alone
But you’re only what breaks me
So that someday I’ll be whole
You come back to haunt me

~Justin McRoberts



* * *



Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows. 2 Corinthians 1:3-5

The LORD builds up Jerusalem; he gathers the exiles of Israel. He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. Psalm 147:2-3

"…Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.” Isaiah 43:1

May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word. 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17

He redeemed my soul from going down to the pit, and I will live to enjoy the light. Job 33:28

"Nevertheless, I will bring health and healing to it; I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security. I will bring Judah and Israel back from captivity and will rebuild them as they were before.” Jeremiah 33:6-7

[We pray that you will be] strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light. Colossians 1:11-12

You came near when I called you, and you said, "Do not fear." O Lord, you took up my case; you redeemed my life. Lamentations 3:57-58

"I, even I, am he who comforts you. Who are you that you fear mortal men, the sons of men, who are but grass, that you forget the LORD your Maker, who stretched out the heavens and laid the foundations of the earth?...” Isaiah 51:12-13


[if you actually got this far,] feel free to add more…

No comments: