Wednesday, March 15, 2006

2 months from today: Graduation, the official end of life as i know it

This school year I've had a running mental list of all the things I want to do once I've graduated and gotten settled in a job/apartment. Goes something like...


make my Costa Rica scrapbook (even if a year late)

learn how to salsa north-american style, and find somewhere to do it

make enough money to start buying music again (2-3 CDs a year is killing me..)

find a classical chamber group I can kick some notes around with

write articles to submit to ________ (okay, probably relevant..)

find a small community theater group who will let me work with them (so that i can finally find out if i suck or not, so that if i do, at least i will know it and can put an end to the sad, wistful feeling i get in my stomach every time i leave after the end of a play)

learn about astronomy and learn as much of the map of the night sky as i can

read for fun without guilt (definitely looking foward to this)

consistently exercise at least 3 days a week

relearn all the music theory I've forgotten, and learn as much new theory as i can stand

volunteer saturdays as a translator with Habitat for Humanity

get a dog

considering I'm supposed to be a student of media, actually make the time to be a consumer of it (i.e. of news articles and broadcasts) so I don't feel like such an ignorant moron

go see the musicals at Memorial

go to museums more than once every two years

play outside more


I know it's fairly unrealistic to want to do all these things...but sometimes dreaming about it keeps me from pulling my hair out these days, so hey. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a firm believer in "To-Do" lists. It's a great feeling when you can start crossing things off.