Monday, November 17, 2008

mmmm, music..

I just went with KT to see the Rescues at the Pour House this weekend...



It was wonderful. They're four singer-songwriters who decided to join up for a band, which means a lot of 3-and-4-part harmonies...which is rare, and absolutely LOVErly.

I did love it, though the whole time I had that bittersweet feeling I get when I'm listening to music that is just the kind of music I love most, done very well. Because I can't stop thinking, "I could DO this!...if only...I would just do it."

I don't know why I know that I'll never throw everything down to chase after such an ambition, but...I know I won't. It's kind of strange. But I feel sure, somehow, that there's a way to do it small-scale, every once in a while, just for fun. We'll see if that works out!... :)

No comments: